Senior Support Officer in Ashford with Randstad
An exciting opportunity to work with a coastal Local Authority in Kent that is currently looking to undertake a range of statutory duties to safeguard public health and to conduct official controls including carrying out checks on imports of products.
- To protect public health by applying port health controls on imports in accordance with relevant statutory provisions, rules and international trading standards.
- To perform physical, identity, documentary and seal etc. checks as directed in order to ensure that only products that are safe to eat enter the food chain.
- To be responsible for the storage and dispatch of statutory samples, ensuring that they are packaged correctly for safe transport under required conditions and are dispatched to the correct laboratory. To be responsible for maintaining sample dispatch records and disposal of samples no longer required.
- To maintain stock levels and equipment availability for inspection.
- To assist others in the performance of port health duties as required including undertaking physical checks and sampling as directed.
- To assist in the training of other staff and stakeholders as required.
- To assist in the destruction of unsatisfactory consignments ensuring that goods are destroyed at the correct waste facility.
- To undertake specific enforcement, investigative, educational and advisory duties commensurate with the role.
- To compile inspection reports, legal notices and take further legal actions as necessary and commensurate with the role.
- To maintain knowledge of relevant legislative requirements in order to undertake the above duties.
- Fully Qualified in Environmental Health.
- 3 years experience within the same role.
For more information please email me at
Still searching? Not all of our vacancies are on our website yet. We’re happy to provide a tailored careers guidance service, so for the best chance of finding your ideal opportunity, get in touch with one of our specialist consultants and we will be able to support you with your job search.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.