Operations Specialist in London with WorldFirst
Position at Ant Group
As Senior AML Operations Specialist, you will act as an SME for AML and financial crime matters to facilitate the successful delivery of all AML Operations Team functions against agreed SLA’s. You will be required to liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including senior managers within the UK & the Global Operations Centre (GoC) as well as our Client Relations and Dealing Teams. You will be a great communicator and a people person with excellent attention to detail.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Manage allocated workloads effectively, driving performance and delivering results.
- Oversee projects as allocated acting as SME for AML / Counter Terrorism / Financial Crime / Fraud matters.
- Quality assure the work AML Operations staff.
- Support AML Operations Team members acting as SME / Mentor to develop appropriate skills and capabilities to help achieve performance standards.
- Perform Transaction Monitoring, conducting EDD and identifying suspicious activity requiring further investigation.
- Monitor departmental Mailboxes to ensure that emails and requests are handled / escalated / resulted in a timely manner.
- Conduct financial crime investigations, preparing information for external dissemination in response to requests for information and act as the focal point for AML Ops Team escalations through liaison with external partners e.g. Law Enforcement, Banking Partners etc.
- Advocating a proportionate, risk-based culture towards combating financial crime and make smart decisions around resource priorities and supporting team members with their workload
- Supporting the delivery of the financial crime monitoring programme
- Proven experience working within AML Operations environment, with a particular focus upon high risk onboarding / KYC / account reviews, EDD in relation to fraud and AML and an awareness of sanctions regimes (UN, EU, OFAC, HMT).
- Direct hands-on experience using transaction monitoring systems e.g. Sherlock, Actimize, Mantas, and sanctions / payments screening system experience e.g. Fircosoft.
- Experienced in ability to effectively perform Transaction Monitoring and assess appropriate EDD actions required to mitigate risks associated to PEPs, High Risk clients / potential fraudulent or suspicious activity.
- Ability to interpret AML / Fraud / Sanctions / Financial Crime regulations and assess impact to existing AML Ops processes to implement improvement to financial crime systems and controls.
- Previous AML / Fraud investigation experience.
- Professional manner with excellent communication and proactive relationship-building skills.
- Experienced in identifying, prioritising and solving more complex financial crime related issues with strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience of training and coaching more junior team members
- Can lead small projects and participate in cross-functional projects, offering solutions and influencing decisions on key deliverables
Who we are:
Our mission to build the world’s best financial services platform for international commerce accelerated upon joining the Ant Group. Ant supports over 1.2 billion customers and is dedicated to using technological infrastructure to provide inclusive financial services to individuals as well as small and micro businesses. Together, we believe financial services should be simple and we share Ant’s vision of “bringing the world equal opportunities”. Becoming an Ant Group company allows us to leverage one of the largest global commerce ecosystems with a platform for long-term growth across our key markets.