Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
Our Daylesford family is growing, and we are looking for an engaging and passionate IT Support Engineer to join us at our Head Office in London.
Full Time contract, based on 40 hours per week including occasional on-call work, salary £25,000-£30,000 pa. depending on experience.
Providing a 1st line support for Daylesford Organic, Bamford, BHoldings and The Wild Rabbit with consistent and efficient Service Desk function.
This position will suit someone who is organised, dedicated and committed to providing excellent IT Support. You’ll be outgoing, approachable and build a fantastic rapport with your colleagues to help them overcome all kinds of technical issues they might be experiencing. You’ll be able to log, identify and fix issues, whilst keeping the end user informed of your progress. You’ll be qualified to degree level and have strong people skills.
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role (3+ years required)
- Experience must be within Retail, Hospitality or Leisure troubleshooting POS hardware such as tills, receipt printers, PDQs
- Knowledge of SME technologies (PC hardware fault-finding, troubleshooting laptops, printers, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, mobile phones, etc.)
- Experience with Windows Server environments (2012 & 2019), Active Directory, and common networking issues.
- Experience with backup and site recovery solutions
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies as and when needed
- Hands-on experience with Max OS environments (preferable)
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field (preferable)
- UK Driving Licence (preferable)
About the role
As an IT Support Engineer, you will be dedicated at providing the highest level of customer service, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction as you help your colleagues both remotely and at their desk side. You’ll have experience working on a busy helpdesk and will have an excellent understanding of troubleshooting issues with computers, laptops, printers, servers and networks.
- Serving as the first point of contact for IT queries across our London stores and London Head Office with some travel to our Cotswolds Farm office.
- Build and install PCs, wireless networks and peripheral devices related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
- Perform physical hardware examination, the recording of any external error/status indicators which may help in diagnosing and resolving equipment issues.
- Be responsible for properly inspecting and replacing defective networking cables, power cables, PDQ machines, computer peripherals etc.
- User administration, for example creating and archiving user accounts and mailboxes, assigning account permissions
- Configuring end user hardware such as laptops & peripherals, VoIP phones
- Imaging new laptops and configuring VoIP phones
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- 33 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays)
- 50% staff lunch discount (at local store)
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and cover letter