Primary KS2 Teacher required for January start at the Qatar International School based in Doha, Qatar
- Start date: January 2021
- Duration: Two-year sponsored contract
- Salary: Competitive tax-free package including accommodation, flights, generous paid annual leave, travel allowance and comprehensive private medical insurance
Please call Penny Kontopyrghou Senior Business Director on 00447595 968 600 for more information or email your CV/ Supporting statement
Penny has visited the school, met with the leadership team on many occasions and placed a large number of teachers at this school so we can recommend QIS as a great school to start and progress your international career
NQTs are welcome to apply
Our happy, supportive and tremendously successful primary team is proud to be one of the best in the world. We are looking for an outstanding new Key Stage 2 (KS2) class teacher to join us as soon as possible.
If you are a UK-qualified teacher with experience of delivering the English National Curriculum in KS2 – and you have a creative, positive and professional attitude – we would love to hear from you.
As part of the primary team, you will be responsible for planning and delivering the best quality lessons to engage and challenge your students. You will have high standards and expectations in every element of your work.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should:
- Hold a good bachelor’s degree and PGCE qualification from a reputable UK university.
- Have experience of teaching the English National Curriculum to KS2 children.
- Demonstrate good knowledge or understanding of thematic, skills-based teaching and learning.
- Be keen to develop your career, supported by our world-class professional development opportunities.
- Genuinely love what you do – showing plenty of enthusiasm, creativity and energy.
- Be a real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile and support your colleagues as we reach our goal: to become the best International School in the world.
As a BSO accredited school we can accept applications from outstanding newly-qualified teachers (NQTs), whom we can support through to award of QTS.
Our primary school – currently comprised of about 1,000 students – is a vibrant, fun and multicultural place of learning. It offers an engaging and warm environment, where children and staff alike are encouraged to investigate and develop their curiosity.
In KS2, our students enjoy a thematic curriculum plus specialist lessons for Arabic, Islamic Studies, PE and French. Our class teachers are highly trained in programmes such as Talk 4 Writing and Read-Write-Inc, which we use to enrich the children’s learning.
In addition to teams of six teachers in each KS2 year group, there are more than 60 teaching staff and 24 support staff across the whole of the primary school. We are a stable and long-serving cohort, and we enjoy what we do.
If you would like to join us, please get in touch today.
The primary school at QIS is a vibrant place of learning and KS2 is no exception. A bright, colourful and warm environment where children and staff alike are encouraged to investigate and take ownership of their learning journey.
The successful candidate will join a stable and supportive staff and be responsible for planning high quality provision, showing independence and collaboration in equal measure.
The KS2 department offers a thematic curriculum alongside specialist lessons for Arabic, Islamic Studies, PE and French. Our class teachers are highly trained in programmes such as Talk 4 Writing and Mastery of Maths and these are utilised to enrich our curriculum provision. In addition to this, QIS offers its KS2 pupils a comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities, which all teachers take part in.
The successful candidate will join a stable and supportive staff and be responsible for planning high quality provision, showing independence and collaboration in equal measure. In addition to teams of 6 teaching staff and one intervention teaching assistant in each KS2 year group, there are also more than 50 teaching staff and 24 teaching assistants across the whole of the primary school. This is a team of supportive, dedicated professionals who work tirelessly to optimise the learning experience for our 1,000 primary pupils.
In addition, the school has a strong and increasing commitment to ensuring the highest quality CPD in order to ensure candidates maintain their links to the UK curricular demands. If you want to join a successful and forward-looking team, with good facilities in a great city, then we look forward to welcoming you! As a BSO accredited school we can accept applications from both NQTs and experienced staff.
How to apply
Please send your CV and supporting letter addressed to the Principal, Mr Deane Baker:
- Letter of Application: 2 pages maximum
- CV (maximum of three pages
- A list of at least three referees – the list should include their names, positions, current email addresses and phone number. One of your referees must be from your present school or employer
Please send your application including a CV and supporting letter to QIS.email@example.com