Field Service Engineer Hardware in United Kingdom with E-Tech Recruitment Ltd
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer with experience of server storage, repair and networks.
Reporting directly to the Senior Engineer and ultimately the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for auditing, test and repairing of Wintel Servers at clients’ sites in Warwickshire, Oxfordshire, London, North West London and the M4 corridor
You will need to possess confident communication skills as the role will involve dealing with a variety of supported devices that are diverse and varied.
On a day to day basis you will experience a wide range of technical and troubleshooting skills in all areas of server hardware and software resolving calls
You will be included in a Rota of engineers to provide out of hours break fix support for our customers.
The salary range is up to £36K for experienced engineers.
The company will look at Hardware engineers who are willing to retrain and expand their knowledge to include servers and storage.
REQUIRED Qualifications & Competencies
(Knowledge, behaviour, skills and capabilities required for success in this role)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a pleasant telephone manner.
- Problem solving ability.
- Display dedication, enthusiasm, initiative & flexibility.
- HP and Dell Certifications desirable but not essential.
- IT support experience preferred but not essential.
- 5+ GCSEs grade A-C & post 16 Education to Apprenticeship / NVQ Level 3 / BTEC Level 3 / A level standard, or equivalents.
- Clean full UK driving license.
Functional / Technical competencies
- Testing and auditing Server Hardware.
- Problem solving on servers and storage equipment.
- Site visits to assess and swap non-functional equipment.
- Installation, maintenance and movement of Server hardware and software including Platform specific diagnostic utilities.
Non-Functional / Technical competencies
- The ability to install / upgrade and repair Operating Systems.
- Able to solve most basic hardware & software problems.
- Able to install & repair and trouble shoot day to day problems.
- The skills to update the in-house stock system to the required specific standards.