Position at WorldFirst
Cash Manager – Treasury Customer Funds
We’re looking to bring in an experienced Treasury Cash Manager, who’ll be a key member of a newly formed Customer Funds team within a super high growth business. The role will be crucial in the development of the strategy, processes and procedures, helping to shape the future of the function to ensure it operates optimally with all risks managed.
The role will have a cash management focus with an emphasis on driving our continuous improvement culture. Duties include ensuring cash movements are completed in a timely manner to support the ongoing efficiency and regulatory compliance of treasury cash services within WorldFirst. There will be immediate opportunities to support and be involved in the large-scale system upgrade project as well as be one of the first in the company to build out procedures and controls.
The successful candidate will also be involved in the daily client money and safeguarding processes. This includes regulatory calculations, cash position analysis, client cash movements and balances within the World First group. The changing environment and needs from the regulators means we need someone who can own these processes along with our safeguarding and governance specialist.
This role requires someone who has excellent experience within a Treasury function, who can effectively streamline complex processes and implement a robust control environment that will optimise group cash and enhance the client experience (faster, cheaper and more secure). As a senior member of the team, there is an expectation to demonstrate leadership qualities.
- BAU involvement on the Cash Liquidity team, ensuring bank accounts are well funded in a timely and cost-efficient manner, with all the required data points captured
- Proactive identification of process enhancements, developing efficiencies and greater control
- Oversee and streamline daily liquidity management ensuring an optimal bank account structure is maintained. This will involve working with our banking team who sit within the Customer Funds function.
- Partnering with the regulatory governance manager and compliance to develop client money processes, including calculations of requirements for WorldFirst Entities.
- Develop international cash flow forecasting.
- Drive change within the cash management function, working with the CF team, EMEA Ops leadership and Head of Operations to build and implement a scalable best practice strategy
- Collate regular reporting to senior management providing an overview of liquidity, forecasted positions and KRIs – establishing and continually evolving performance based KPIs
- Review processes within the team to ensure efficiencies and management of identified risks with the required reporting and escalation processes
- Develop and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships (Compliance, Finance, Banks, Senior Management)
- Keep up to date with any relevant regulatory developments and ensure proactive identification/management of any regulatory risks, escalating appropriately
- Working closely with the Senior Management of customer funds – translating strategic deliverables into BAU activity
- Build and maintain documented of policies and procedures
- Assist in internal and external audits, as and when is required
- Point of escalation for BAU issues within the team
- Communicate effectively with global Operations teams, to assist in globalisation of the customer funds function
- Highly motivated and collaborative, adding to the culture of high performance within Customer Funds
- Highly experienced within Treasury and cash management
- Experience in managing liquidity in a fast paced global organisation
- Functional experience in safeguarding client money
- Knowledge of good governance practices
- Effective communicator – We have a flat structure. The applicant needs to be comfortable communicating with senior stakeholders
- Desire to drive change and ability to think strategically
- Rapidly growing organisation, requires the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment
- Self-starter – Ability to work autonomously as well with the team
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to draw logical conclusions from a range of diverse source materials and present them in a clear and engaging way
- Excellent attention to detail. Passionate about ensuring that work is completed to a high standard
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with treasury management systems – We use a mix of Kyriba and in-house systems
- Experience in using banking portals
- Experience managing bank relationships
- Experience in contributing to regulatory submissions
- Experience in dealing with internal/external audit
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and quarterly commission scheme
- An excellent benefits package including company pension scheme, private health cover
- 25 days holiday
- Perks, including; free breakfast & fruit, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, bi-annual company parties
WorldFirst is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a welcoming environment where inclusivity is the norm, and our employees genuinely feel they can bring their whole true self to work.
WorldFirst welcomes conversions around flexible working arrangements.
WorldFirst is happy to offer additional support throughout the interview process where needed.
Who we are:
WorldFirst is an innovative global payment platform, helping businesses and people prosper by making the movement of money around the world faster, easier, safer and cheaper. Dedicated to driving pioneering technology, our growth is driven by our product development and international expansion, enabling us to power the next generation of global businesses.
Since our inception in 2004, we have been setting a new standard for the foreign exchange market and have transferred more than $70bn to date. Our diverse team of 650 specialist individuals span across 8 global offices, helping over 250,000 customers worldwide receive outstanding product offerings alongside dedicated award-winning customer service
Our mission to build the world’s best financial services platform for international commerce accelerated upon joining the Ant Group. Ant supports over 1.2 billion customers and is dedicated to using technological infrastructure to provide inclusive financial services to individuals as well as small and micro businesses. Together, we believe financial services should be simple and we share Ant’s vision of “bringing the world equal opportunities”. Becoming an Ant Group company allows us to leverage one of the largest global commerce ecosystems with a platform for long-term growth across our key markets.